Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bike to work week


So, while I don't yet have my bikefriday, I'm trying to make a conscious effort to bike more often to work. Since this is finals week (in some messed up educational equity idea of trying to evenly distribute weeks between the two semesters), Tisa and I rode to work yesterday as an experiment.

First off, on the way there, I realized that there are several hills in the area surrounding the school. When I commented on this to a student, he said, "Of course, Mister. That's why they call it Boyle Heights. If there weren't any hills, they'd call it Boyle Flats."

Second, we tried a different way back, taking the 6th street bridge into downtown (pictured above). It's such an amazing bridge... it must span close to a half mile, and most of it is completely flat, with this great view of downtown.

Third, sweaty collared shirts aren't fun to work in.

Fourth, my bike Friday should be shipped out in the next month :-).
Fifth... Lost... Sayeed is the new Jacob?

No comments: