Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Honda; Civic Duty

Ok, so the title's a misnomer. I served Jury Duty yesterday... didn't get placed on a jury, and only was placed in one jury pool. Went into the court case, and the judge explains that the case could take four to six weeks. Man, I freaked out. I've been on one jury before, and actually enjoyed the experience. I was actually thinking, "Hey... I've got some jury days to spare... I wouldn't mind taking a week or two off work, getting some extra sleep, and calling in a sub. Sweet deal!' But after hearing that I could be on a jury for six weeks, I started panicking. Luckily, in this case, the judge was really understanding and excused everyone who claimed that the case would cause a financial hardship. Out of the thirty or forty of us called into the room, only one woman remained for the actual jury selection. Phew.
I must say though, jury duty in L.A. is not bad. You get free admission to the MOCA with your badge (so I checked out some sweet artwork), and you can postpone your date to a comfortable time. In this case, the comfortable time was the exact same week that Tisa postponed her jury service. So we sat, enjoyed a nice cup of coffee, and hung out in the back of the jury room for the morning. Plus, we found some new sweet spots in downtown for relaxing and for good food. All in all, a pretty swell deal.

No comments: